Bike Wānaka membership for the 2021/22 season starts this month. Bike Wānaka has been in existence since the early 90’s and have a strong membership base and an active volunteer committee.
Membership fees are a major source of income for the club, enabling places like the Hāwea Bike Park to be developed. Members get access to great discounts, a newsletter with all of the latest information, and club days at the local parks. The club’s priorities are:
- Maintaining the existing track network and building new tracks
- Holding a variety of events throughout the year
- Ensuring Sticky Forest becomes a community asset
- Access great discounts and deals for members
- Advocacy for broader biking issues in Wanaka, such as an Active Transport Network
- Development of riders and coaches in the region
- Building strong relationships with other organisations – DOC, Lake Wanaka Tourism and Upper Clutha Tracks Trust.
Membership fees are $30 for an adult, $25 for a youth and $50 for a family.
Sign up at bikewanaka.org.nz