Hawea will be hosting a clean up event in Lake Hawea, Hawea Flat and John’s Creek on Saturday 30th September from 9.00 am. Put this date in your diary now, so that the time is kept clear for you to take part. and show your community spirit.
Meet at the Lake Hawea Community Centre on Myra Street in Lake Hawea.
– Bring gardening gloves and buckets or other containers/ bags that can be used to store rubbish during the clean up.
– Bring a trailer if you have one.
– Bring any wool fadges or garden waste bags you have (name them!)
– You will be assigned a map with an area to clean up and high vis vests for the whole team.
– After you have completed your assigned area then come back to the Community Centre for morning tea!
If you are unable to help on the day then you could help by providing a plate for morning tea for the Clean Up Volunteers.