An exciting, rarely available position, Wanaka Joinery is seeking a go-getter Operations Manager to oversee our daily business operations. We are a boutique, high-end joinery manufacturer located in Wanaka, with a focus on quality craftsmanship and excellent client relationships. This role could be well-suited to a Senior Joiner looking take the next step into a management position.
What we offer:
- Rare opportunity for a senior level role in the beautiful ski-town of Wanaka;
- Secure and steady workload, a full-time, permanent role (minimum 45 hours per week);
- Competitive salary (depending on experience and industry knowledge);
- Use of company vehicle during work hours;
- A staff-focused, respectful work environment – we truly value our team.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Previous experience in the joinery or construction industry (essential);
- Previous experience in project/job management with short time-frames;
- Energetic and motivated, with great organisational skills;
- Technology savvy, with experience in Cabinet Vision software an advantage;
- Personable, with excellent communication and people skills – enjoys working as part of a small team and client liaison.
A key role, the Operations Manager is highly involved in coordinating all aspects of job operations to ensure our projects run smoothly from start to finish. Key element being Production. Based from our office/workshop, you also visit sites and clients. Tasks include:
- Project management; organising job tasks, responsibilities, and time-frames;
- Overseeing a small workshop team; managing workload/schedule and staff upskilling;
- Overseeing/conducting daily operations and procedures; including Health & Safety practices; quality assurance checks (workshop and site), best-cost procurement, ordering, stock control and completion documentation.
- Producing CAD drawings, including sourcing specifications and interpreting technical information;
- Communication at early stage project stages with client and designer;
- Monitoring/reporting to stakeholders on quality, output, progress and performance.
Join a committed, forward-thinking team, striving to set exceptional standards across all aspects of our business.
To apply or to find out more about the role, please email Tania Reid at email@example.com. Applicants must be permitted to work permanently in NZ and submit a cover letter and CV to apply.