August 10, 2020
Health & Safety Practitioner - Wanaka Mitre 10 Mega
Wanaka Mitre 10 Mega – H & S Practitioner – FIXED TERM
Reporting to the General Manager you will be responsible for the H & S at the Mitre 10 Mega site. Adhering to the site Contractor’s H&S requirements as well as developing dynamic health and safety processes and controls to successfully create and/or maintain safe practices of work for people and vehicles on the site.
This will see you taking accountability for:
- Overall Health and safety of all employees and contractors on site
- Adhering to existing site H & S processes and ensuring all people entering site are compliant
- Developing dynamic H&S compliant traffic management plans and implementing
- Dynamically risk assessing hazards on site and modifying controls as necessary
- Work with contractor site management team to ensure H&S requirements are understood and communicated
- Lead the H&S culture, and provide training in controls as necessary
- Ensure H&S is the number one priority
- promoting a team culture that encourages a safe and positive working environment.
We are looking a person who has:
- Traffic management experience
- H&S experience in dynamically assessing hazards and implementing controls
- Sounds experience in creating positive H&S culture, strong influencing skills
- Strong organisational skills;
- A passion for Health and Safety
- Ability to manage a varied and busy workload
- A health and safety qualification would be an advantage
This is a Fixed Term role for six weeks Monday to Friday for 5-6 hours on site per day. Applicants MUST be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
We will provide a fantastic team environment, along with staff purchasing privileges. So, if you are friendly, outgoing, motivated, passionate about Health and Safety and enjoy influencing people we would love to hear from you.
To apply please register your interest via email@example.com
Closing date 17TH August 2020
August 9, 2020
Customer Service - Mitre 10
Wanaka Mitre 10 Timber and Building Supplies Yard Customer Service
Reporting to Trade Operations Manager the successful applicant will have had experience in a sales environment and display the following attributes:
Customer Driven and someone who Strives for Excellence
Knowledge of building supply products and their application.
Able to take a One Team approach
Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
Be well organised and manage time effectively.
Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Basic Computer/keyboard skills.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Excellent Customer Service to our specialist trade and DIY customers
Day to day maintenance of area to meet Company merchandising standards.
You must have full New Zealand driver’s licence and be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. A forklift licence would also be an advantage. A good level of physical fitness is essential as manual handling including lifting is involved. Immediate start is available.
This is a full-time role which would include at least one weekend day per week.
Please apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and cover letter.
August 6, 2020
Sandblaster/Labourer - Alpine Powder Coating
Alpine Powder Coating is seeking an enthusiast sandblaster/labourer. This is a part time position.
The successful applicant must show attention to detail and be able to work on their own. They will show initiative and confidence when working with machinery and be health and safety conscious. Full on the job training will be provided, immediate start.
If this sounds like you please send your CV to email@example.com or call Justin on 027 6777 080.
August 5, 2020
Shop Assistant - Wanaka Marine
Wanaka Marine have a short term/ summer role coming up- start date late November thru till February-
Some water sports knowledge and practical boating skills and retail experience are required.
May suit University Student.
Must be able to work Xmas New year period and some Saturday mornings.
August 5, 2020
Night & Casual Relief Drivers - Yello
Yello Taxis needs night & casual relief drivers.
NZ Drivers licence essential along with passenger endorsement and a NZ work visa.
Join the Yello team today. It’s a great place to work. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
August 2, 2020
Wānaka Future Reset Project Manager - WAI Wanaka
WAI Wānaka is looking for a hands-on Project Manager to lead its Wānaka Future Reset Project, funded through the Government’s Jobs for Nature program. The Wānaka Future Reset Project offers work on the ground alongside communications, education, practice change and wellbeing programmes to reset local communities towards a more resilient, sustainable, regenerative and diverse economy.
It is our goal, at WAI Wānaka, to safeguard the health of alpine waterways and this project will build upon existing community-led work to improve long term environmental health in and around the Upper Clutha.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for the delivery and performance of the project and its day to day activities, including the co-ordination of project teams undertaking activities such as planting, fencing, pest management and wetland restoration.
Your tasks will include
- Co-ordinating the development of whole of community project plans involving Iwi, catchment groups, businesses, industry groups, experts and residents
- Building, organising and leading an effective project team
- Safe management of work teams, including volunteers
- Activity and resource planning
- Overseeing the project budget
- Managing project risks
- Monitoring and reporting on progress against milestones
- Maintaining effective communication and keeping stakeholders up-to-date
To be successful, you will be community minded with a proven track record of leading and delivering projects on time and within budget. You are also likely to have good land and farm knowledge with solid local connections. Above all else, you will be passionate about the environment and excited to be part of creating a more positive future for our community.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com by 5pm Wednesday August 12th. Should you require further information please visit www.waiwanaka.nz and / or contact Sarah Taylor on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 474 849
July 27, 2020
Website Sale & Web Marketing Coordinator - Racers Edge
If you want to be part of a business whose mission is to enable people to have the best experience in the outdoors, then we want to hear from you!
Racers Edge Powered by Torpedo7 is part of NZ’s leading Outdoor Adventure chain. We have a reputation for excellence in customer service, the products we sell and our technical knowledge. We are currently looking for a Website Sales & Web Marketing Coordinator. This role is based in Wanaka, commences on 1st September 2020 (or earlier) and is a year-round, full-time position.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Uploading and managing products to our website
- Coordinating our fortnightly promotions to the online store
- Managing the content management system (CMS) and website content
- Creating, designing and managing all web advertising
- Coordinating and implementing web marketing in conjunction with social media and our marketing strategy to drive online sales
- The pick, pack and dispatch of website sales
- Working with external contractors to drive SEO and online sales
The successful applicant will:
- Have a marketing or design tertiary qualification
- Be a permanent NZ resident
- Be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (CS 3,4,5), Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Be dynamic and self-motivated and ideally have a background in the snow/bike/outdoor industries
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter to
Diana Schikker – email@example.com by 16/08/2020
July 13, 2020
Senior Qualified Joiner - Wanaka Joinery & Glass
Wanaka Joinery and Glass Seek a Senior Qualified Joiner to come on-board.
If you have at least 5 years’ experience, love the industry and the technological advances it offers, contact Jason on 027 220 8183 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
June 3, 2020
Carpenter / Labourer - Central Trusses & Frames Ltd
Central Trusses & Frames Ltd in Luggate offer an opportunity for an experienced carpenter or labourer, who has good carpentry knowledge, to work in their factory.
Experience using nail guns and power tools would be an advantage.
You must be:
Able to work in a small team environment.
Physically fit – (heavy lifting involved)
Able to follow instructions.
Health and Safety conscious.
Able to work Flexible hours when required.
Punctual and Reliable.
Transport available from Wanaka and Cromwell.
To apply please call 03 443 8756 or send your CV to